William Afton (also known as Purple Guy or Fritz Smith) is the true main antagonist of A Twisted Night at Freddy's and a selfish murderer. He is also the one responsible for the animatronics malfunctioning at the night.
Fritz is a tall purple figure that has black eyes with white pupils, His neck, arms, and legs have darker colors on them. He also has a yellow nametag pinned to his chest.
He behaves exactly like how he did in Five Nights at Freddy's.
- He was once a very obese man, But then he lost his weight and became a really tall and skinny man.
- He is inside Springtrap.
- He is rivals with Jeremy Fitzgerald.
- There is a rare image of him wearing the Freddy Suit covered in blood stains hinting that he used the Freddy Suit to kill the five children.
- This was confirmed to be true in the guidebook.
- His name, Fritz Smith was taken from an anagram of both of Jeremy's last names: Fitzgerald and Schimdt.
- He is 25 years old, However, He is almost Slenderman's height.
Fritz Smith, Now known by his real name "William Afton" returns in A Twisted Night At Freddy's 2.
He is a purple figure wearing a dark purple fedora and has glowing eyes. He also wears a yellow nametag.
He behaves the same.
- At the end of Night 5, It is revealed that he is actually inside Springtrap.
He doesn't appear, But his appearence is mentioned by someone in a minigame. The person says that William had violet hair and was wearing a purple suit, He had blue eyes and dark eye sockets as if he had not slept in weeks. He also used glasses sometimes.